The clinical information presented here is not intended as a diagnosis. It is for information purposes only and Homewood Health Centre does not warrant its accuracy. Should specific concerns arise with respect to your health or the health of a family member, please see your family physician or visit the local emergency department. This is a Canadian web site. Its content is intended only for residents in Canada.
Homewood staff do not respond to unsolicited emails and do not give a response to any e-mail inquiries of a clinical nature. Contact your physician or local general hospital if you feel you have a health crisis. If you have been a patient at Homewood and wish to contact your previous healthcare provider, please contact your physician or local general hospital to make a new referral.
Collection of Personal Health Information
We collect only your personal health information directly from you or the person acting on your behalf. This personal health information may include demographic information, health card number, psychiatric and health history and Homewood Health Centre records. We collect only information required for your care and treatment. Occasionally we collect personal health information about you from other health service providers if we have obtained your consent to do so or if the law permits. We strive to keep your personal health information as accurate, complete and current as possible, taking into account its uses and your interests.
Uses and Disclosures of Personal Health Information
We use and disclose your personal health information to:
- treat and care for you, including sharing your personal health information with other health service providers involved in your treatment
- facilitate coordinating your health care support and service planning with other health service providers involved in your treatment
- provide health service providers with the most current information either directly or through secure provincial/community central storage systems
- obtain your substitute decision makerí»s consent for ongoing treatment if you are found incapable
- contact your contact person(s) in an emergency or if you are at risk
- confirm your admission, your general status and location to individuals inquiring about you, unless you tell us not to comply with legal and regulatory requirements
- fulfill purposes permitted/required by law (subpoena/court order/search warrant, Public Health, Hwy traffic Act, Child Family Service Act)
- receive payment for your treatment, care and services (from OHIP, WSIB, your private insurer, guarantor or others)
- plan, administer and manage internal operations (for which we may contact you)
- conduct risk management activities
- conduct quality improvement activities (such as chart reviews and patient satisfaction surveys)
- teach and train staff, volunteers and students
- conduct research approved by Research Ethics Board (individual identifiers are removed unless your permission is obtained to use identifiable information)
- compile statistics
- fund-raise to improve health care services and programs, including research and education unless you direct us otherwise
?? 2015 Homewood Health Centre
All information contained on this site is the property of the Homewood Health Centre. It may not be reproduced in whole or in part without written permission.